Terms & Conditions
Ukangola Consular, Visas & Travel Services Limited (Ukangola Travel Services/we/us) only accepts instructions upon the terms and conditions set out below. Therefore, by placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. No variation will be validunless agreed in writing by a director of Ukangola Travel Services.
- We will use our best endeavours to process visa applications, passports and/or documents for travel at the Client’s request. We will not be held responsible nor accept any liability for any delay, failure or omission of any Consulate, Embassy courier or other third party. In particular we will not be held responsible for additional expense and/or delay arising from or in connection with:
a. visa/passport spelling and date errors made by Embassies or Consulates; or
b. incomplete applications forms; or
c. failure to pay relevant fines, which results in the application being blocked; or
d. incorrectly or falsely completed application forms; or
e. inaccurate or incomplete supporting documentation.
We shall not be responsible for the expense or cost incurred by the Client due to delays or non-issuance of visas or other documents for travel. Furthermore, whilst we use our best endeavours to process visa applications, passport and documents for
travel as quickly as possible we cannot guarantee any particular timescale due to circumstances beyond our control and we do not accept any liability as a result of failing to adhere to a particular timescale.
2. It is for the Client to check the contents of any visa, passport or document we deliver to ensure that it has been correctly issued and the contents are correct and we accept no liability in respect thereof.
3. We shall not be liable for any loss, expense or delay arising from the purchase or acquisition of travel tickets by the Client prior to the issue of the relevant visa/passport.
4. Upon receiving the Client’s passports and visa application, we will endeavour to process the same and submit to the relevant Embassy/Consulate the next working day depending upon the visa validity period.
5. We will retain your application and passport if this is provided in advance until the correct issue period has been ascertained.
6. We provide a carefully compiled visa and passport information service in good faith on the express understanding that the said information is the interpretation of information provided by the respective Embassies or Consulates We shall not accept responsibility or liability whatsoever for any errors and/or omissions in the information provided.
7. The processing of the Client’s visa, passport and/or travel documents will rely on the instructions given and on the application submitted and it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the validity of the said visa/document obtained includes and covers the period of time for which the Client plans to enter and leave the country or the countries that the Client is visiting and for the number of entries to that country
or countries and is valid for the purpose intended. In the event of any passport, document or other items being lost, misplaced, damaged, delayed or destroyed by any means whatsoever including by any acts by subcontracted couriers or third parties the cost of replacing the same and/or consequential loss shall be borne by the Client.
8. We will not be responsible for any loss damage or delay incurred whilst the Client’s documents are in transit either to or from the Client regardless of the method of delivery.
9. Payment of our charges and fees are due upon instruction unless account facilities have been agreed in writing prior to the said instructions. The fee which shall be payable by the Client in respect of the services provided by us is exclusive of any Consular or Embassy charges. Consular or Embassy charges will be the absolute liability of the Client who must make payment in respect of those charges. The Client may normally cancel an order (once accepted by us) for any reason up to the point of it being dispatched for lodging at the Embassy.
10. We will only be held responsible for taking such steps as we reasonably consider necessary to fulfill the instructions of the Client unless there is express agreement in writing to take certain steps. In the case of emergency we will do our utmost to assist and we will agree additional charges with you in advance.
11. In cases of visa denial and refusal, full charges will be applicable. If Consular or Embassy charges are refundable – they will be returned but our handling and service charges will not be refunded in any case.
12. We reserve the right to pass on any increase in fees imposed by Consulates, Embassies or other third parties.
13. We reserve the right to retain all passports and other documents until payment of our account has been received in full. It is advisable for Clients requiring their passports back urgently to ensure they pay via credit or debit card, as this is a quicker form of payment and will ensure prompt return of their passports. All Clients paying via cheque should be aware that passports will only be returned once their cheque
payment has cleared in our account.
14. The fees and processing times provided to Clients and advice given by us and/or our employees or agents over the telephone are a guide only and represent the normal processing period. Whilst we do endeavour to lodge your application in time we cannot be made responsible for the cost of holidays booked but not taken if any of the following events occur:
a) Embassy or Consulate closure without at least 5 days notice due to holidays and/or any other reason
b) Delays in processing if made by the Embassy or Consulate due to administrative delays, visa/passport spelling and date errors or world crisis situations
c) Embassies or Consulates changing rules and regulations for whatever reason
d) Major delays in transport, traffic, severe weather conditions making it impossible to get to Embassies or Consulates before closure.
15. Tickets for travel should not be purchased prior to the visa/passport or other document being issued unless there is a specific requirement for the acquisition for such visa, passport or travel document and in such case open ticket should be obtained
16. We do not refund in the event of customers cancelling once applications have been lodged. The Client may normally cancel an order (once accepted by us) for any reason up to the point of it being dispatched for lodging at the Embassy. A charge will be made for miscellaneous charges incurred up to that point or for charges in returning the passport to the Client.
17. We reserve the right to refuse at our total discretion to handle any application or carry any item at any time and no reason need be given.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. They may be varied by us at any time. Applications accepted prior to variation will be completed under the original terms and conditions.